Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Senior RedHat Systems Engineer
Type of Position:
District of Columbia
• Bachelor's degree in IT Systems Management or related field plus 10 years related experience; additional experience may be substituted for degree.
Specific skills and experience required:
• 8 years of administration of RedHat.
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) required
• VMware certification required (VCP5 preferred)
• Experience working with NetApp storage a plus
• Understanding of Oracle middleware, database, and RAC products on RedHat operating system a plus
• Ability to design RedHat based infrastructure solutions, document the solutions and test them in a lab environment.
• Experience with designing and supporting high availability RedHat solutions.
• Experience with RedHat disaster recovery.
• Experience with certificate authority services a plus.
• Experience with automating RedHat deployment packages using scripting and Satellite server.
• Experience with and ability to understand, distill and document solution requirements.
• Experience with and ability to configure and deploy RedHat based complex solutions.
• Experience performing system administration duties on RedHat systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex RedHat problems.
• Detail oriented and must be able to think independently
• High level of initiative and self-confidence along with strong verbal and written communication skills is important.
• Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan
• Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Skills in communicating effectively orally and in written format
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex Linux and Solaris problems.
• U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship (Agency check will be required for this position)
• Must be able to pass a NACI background check. Top Secret or Secret clearance preferred.
URS is looking for a Senior RedHat Systems Engineer who will be supporting a 24/7 RedHat server infrastructure.
The position is in Washington, DC and some time in Alexandria, VA. This is a 24/7 operation and rotating on-call support is a requirement.
• RedHat Administrator
• Responsible for operating, maintaining, and supporting the overall RedHat server architecture in a 5,000 user, multi-site production environment.
• Individual would be responsible for managing the maintenance activities of RedHat servers.
• Providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and updates of applications on these servers.
• Managing system infrastructure and all related processes, including the virtaulization environment on VMware platform, as well as account management, software/OS updates and patching, OS installations and configuration on new servers, server decommissioning activities, responding to Service Desk incidents regarding end user problems associated with the systems, assisting developers with isolation and resolution of application issues which are service, operating system or hardware based.
• Provide migration support in regards to RedHat as we transition legacy applications to new RedHat platforms.
• Other duties as required.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).
URS Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...