Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process in the peri-operative setting.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Accurately records patient charges.
9. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
11. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
12. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
13. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
14. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
15. Other duties as assigned.
16. Responsible for daily availability of supplies and equipment specific to specialty coordination with the OR Materials Coordinator, SPD Supervisor, CSS and/or Director.
17. Coordinates and maintains instrument trays to assure they are available and in good repair.
18. Responsible for restocking and maintaining standard stock of supplies; coordinates ordering with OR Materials Coordinator or SPD Supervisor.
19. Responsible for assuring physician preference cards are current in computer database.
20. Maintains current knowledge base of changing equipment technologies, and techniques within their specialty area.
21. Works with physicians in specialty to ensure service time is operating efficiently.
22. Anticipates needs by reviewing future schedules.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- State of Florida RN License required
- BLS AHA Healthcare Provider required
- CNOR preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum 1 year previous acute care or peri-operative experience or completion of Perioperative Nursing course preferred.
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician's orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Capital Regional Medical Center is a 242-bed acute care hospital in the beautiful Tallahassee and is a fully-accredited healthcare facility...