Position located in Brookings, South Dakota. Candidates must be enrolled and registered as a fulltime student. Ideal candidate should be available to work approximately 15-20 hrs/week during the academic year and at least 20hrs/week during the summer.
Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in three primary markets: sports, commercial, and transportation. Sports market customers include schools, colleges and universities, professional teams and facilities, sports federations, and international events and organizing committees. Commercial customers include financial institutions, hotels and motels, gaming, auto dealers, convenience stores, shopping centers and other retail establishments. Transportation applications include display systems for state and city departments of transportation, mass transit systems, airlines and airports, bus terminals and other transportation agencies. Daktronics enjoys a strong reputation for delivering quality, reliable products, supported by top-notch service. We are an industry leader in developing and bringing to the market new display technologies, as well as developing innovative PC based information display control systems. Daktronics helps businesses by providing systems that build awareness, create interest and sell products and services. A full range of products for businesses include time and temperature displays, message centers, and matrix displays.
The Commercial Sales Administrative Student will provide internal support to four different coordinator areas (Billboard/Contracts, Sales Coordinators, Assistant Coordinators, and Project Coordinators). In this position, the student will be responsible for performing daily tasks that will benefit the sale and order process for each group. In addition to daily tasks, the student will be expected to take on responsibility for projects that may arise. The experience gained from this position will give students a good picture of what a career in these areas would resemble.
1. Assist each coordinator group as needed to meet established deadlines and department project needs. Ability to complete projects handed off from start to finish.
2. Assist with quoting process.
3. Help put order paperwork together – includes requesting information from outside sources and gathering paperwork.
4. Collect data in order to update shared information regarding the group’s progress, workload, and accuracy.
5. Scan, sort and file information per requested deadlines.
6. Update sales and lead information.
7. Maintain an up-to-date and accurate student SharePoint site.
8. Consistently complete quality work in a timely manner.
9. Other tasks may be assigned as needed.
1. Educational Requirements: The ideal candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing economics, business, consumer affairs or related field. Only strong performers in undergraduate coursework will be considered; must maintain an acceptable GPA.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Be at work on time and maintain good attendance.
4. Follow company guidelines and policies.
5. Ability to work in a team environment; communicate clearly and promptly with group members.
6. Experience in Word and Excel compiles programs; keyboarding skills of 45 wpm with accuracy.
7. Willingness to learn Daktronics systems and computer software.
8. Background check may be conducted.
9. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
10. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 14 months ago
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...