The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Specialist will act as the conduit between Undergraduate Admissions and Enrollment Information Services operations team and the recruiting/marketing team to recruit and yield new students. The CRM Specialist will also: create and manage the customer relationship management (CRM) model for managing the interactions with prospective students and their parents and the staff of Undergraduate Admissions, as well as other university stakeholders; communicate campaigns, mailers, interactions, workflows and related CRM properties in order to achieve enrollment goals; troubleshoot and enhance CRM daily procedures, workflows, and data integrity to interact with prospective students and their parents to better recruit and yield prospective students; assist campus-wide stakeholders with the customization of components within the CRM system; work with the user community to identify and address system needs in a timely and efficient manner; be responsible for implementing respective changes and/or referring changes to the responsible party; develop training manuals and coordinate CRM training sessions and product implementation for staff in Undergraduate Admissions; provide continuous configuration of the CRM to adjust the system to meet current recruitment strategies adopted by Undergraduate Admissions; serve as the liaison between the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the CRM provider, as well as the UMass President’s Office and other UMass campuses, to troubleshoot technical issues, to coordinate upgrades and to recommend enhancements; use CRM technology to manage the flow of incoming and outgoing e-campaigns; collaborate with admissions staff in the development of recruitment e-campaigns; assist admissions staff understand how the new technology will assist them is recruitment and assist staff in the set-up the electronic strategies; analyze communication campaigns to see if they are successful in bring prospective students and their families to campus and then applying for admission; set-up and produce reports to monitor such campaigns; assist admissions staff with recruitment e-mail campaigns; set-up and integrate the technology and track results to determine the numbers of prospects who visit the campus, apply for admissions and pay a deposit; assist the Marketing and Communication Specialist with website updating/editing; develop, initiate and oversee reporting functions for managers in Talisma, as well as PeopleSoft; plan and assist with testing scenarios in Talisma; work with users selected to conduct user acceptance testing and make script changes to support correction to issues; document reasoning for changes or corrections made to system design; and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field and a minimum of three-five years of programming experience is required. Previous experience with database or student information systems (SIS) is required. Experience with report writing and system testing is required. Knowledge of Talisma and/or PeopleSoft and CRM is preferred. Experience working in higher education, as well as knowledge of the admissions and college recruitment process is preferred. Previous experience flowcharting and organizing projects or e-campaigns is preferred. Data mining, data analysis and/or data manipulation skills desirable. Knowledge of SQL or database querying experience is desirable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio;
• Knowledge and understanding of the terminology involved in admissions recruitment/yield campaign management;
• Knowledge of writing HTML for web and mailer templates;
• Ability to serve as the technical lead on projects/initiatives;
• Ability to work consistently with highly detailed assignments without specific instructions;
• Ability to work independently on tasks and projects with strict deadlines;
• Ability to understand workflows and process documentation of how roles are performed;
• Ability to understand complex applications from an users perspective;
• Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team capacity with a broad range of staff to accomplish departmental and program goals;
• Ability to understand, explain and apply the policies and procedures of the department within an professional office setting;
• Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time;
• Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations;
• Demonstrated organizational ability and strong attention to detail;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong project management skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals;
• Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills;
• Strong commitment to customer service.
UMass Boston is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Title IX Employer. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
University of Massachusetts Boston
- 2 years ago - save job