Title Communication Systems Technician Job # 14391BR Job Function Technician City Charleston State South Carolina Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services, LLC in Charleston, SC is looking for a Communication Systems Technician to support our C2 Systems and Services Division.
As a fast-track office that routinely develops cradle-to-grave projects on time and within budget, Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Services, LLC Charleston has a reputation and proven track record of delivering leading-edge technology to the warfighter. Our team provides comprehensive engineering services and unique project support for U.S. Government entities around the world, and our expertise is built on meeting the tough operational challenges of our customers, from stand-alone, customized command and control centers to comprehensive modernization of air station and en route air traffic control equipment.
Duties for this position include:
At Booz Allen Hamilton, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Booz Allen Hamilton as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Booz Allen Hamilton and help shape our future while creating yours.
- Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) support in the configuration and optimization of a variety of Communication Sub-Sytems and Communication Switches.
- Assisting in engineering design and installation activities.
- Having direct involvement in planning, designing, integrating, and installing radar, communications, and other command and control-related electronic systems.
- Directly supporting the development of site surveys, Installation Design Plans (IDPs), and Project Support Agreements (PSAs), and will be involved in the development and execution of Pre-Installation Test & Checkouts (PITCOs) and System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs).
Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At ARINC, we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work. And that’s just for starters. Day one kicks off with a competitive benefit package of plans that include medical, dental, and vision, and more. In addition, we have a generous 401(k) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 6%, a Roth 401(k) option, gain sharing, and educational assistance. Interested yet? If so, apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure! Qualifications Required Experience:
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
- Three (3) or more years of practical experience in the field of electronics equipment including; troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation.
- Must be familiar with the operation of General Purpose Test Equipment.
- Experience working in both small and large installation teams.
- May require both domestic and/or extended international travel(20%).
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
- Four (4) or more years of practical experience in the field of electronics equipment including; troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation.
- Experience with Air Traffic Control or other military tactical communication systems mobile or fixed (Weather RADAR, UHF,VHF radio communications, satellite communications, and/or other related systems experience).
- Experience working on a network.
- Experience with electronic installation design, preparation and modification of various engineering documents and the ability to read and understand AutoCAD drawings strongly preferred.
- High school diploma, vocational school, or have a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Formal electronics training obtained as graduate of a technical school, military school (Class A or Class B in Electronics or Communications), or a 4 year apprentice program is required. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 2 years ago