Are you looking for a rewarding career in Supply Chain?
Bring your talents and experience to the leader in marine engine propulsion systems!
Mercury Marine (a division of Brunswick Corporation, NYSE: BC) is the world leader in the manufacture of recreational marine propulsion engines. Employing Lean Six Sigma methodology, we have made lasting improvements in our products, processes, and service that have earned us J.D. Power Awards for Customer Satisfaction on both the Optimax 2-stroke and MerCruiser sterndrive power. Being the world leader doesn't happen by chance. It takes investment in leading edge technologies and top rated talent to create and maintain innovative product offerings that shape the future of marine propulsion. We are ready to make that investment in you!
Manage duties involved in the purchasing of Outboard engine production material requirements to optimize availability of purchased components, within price, schedule, and performance standards required for outboard production. Majority of this positions spend is in the raw form to support the aluminum smelting and steel bar machining operations. General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare purchase orders, requisitions, appropriation request and other similar and necessary documents related to the purchasing of components and further process services required for outboard manufacturing.
• Process, evaluate, and analyze request for quotations/proposals.
• Provide support to analyst and actively work with supply base to reduce inventory through implementation of pull, VMI or consignment programs.
• Process weekly MRP to ensure ordering rules are accurate and inventory is being controlled.
• Communicate and maintain feedback of internal and external customers and supply base, status of delivery data, supplier performance, part deployment, and inventory policies, both through quarterly report outs as well as maintaining the Supplier Performance Review (SPR) data within our systems.
• Manage supply base and focus on continuous improvement of supplier performance. Request corrective actions as necessary.
• Effectively manage price changes from the supply base by requiring cost justifications, completing price change notices, and updating pricing on a timely basis.
• Set standards for purchased components and services on a yearly basis or as requested for new items.
• Effectively investigate and resolve invoicing issues to prevent them from disrupting production. Report back to management on any deficiencies in our systems.
• Lead Supplier Visits, both at Mercury Marine as well as at supplier locations within budgetary limitations.
• Effectively manage change within supply base including attending product team meetings, preparing and presenting Change Proposals (CP's) as required.
• Support the process of sourcing, drawing sign off, quoting, validating and purchasing new or re-sourced components as needed at the site level.
• Submit Tooling AR requests, prepare tooling purchase orders and review tooling inventory and tooling condition with suppliers as required.
• Support Commodity Team Meetings
• Support Green Belt and LSS projects as required
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
• Interpersonal communication skills; Bias to action and performance results; Team leader; member and process expertise.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers and other means of communication to prepare purchase orders, memos, letters and spreadsheets showing comparison data.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office: Computer proficiency with standard software packages, including Word, Power Point and Excel. Oracle based systems.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
• Good Organization skills with strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
• Leadership skills required-working with the Casting and Machining plants as their Procurement Site Leader.
• General understanding of Accounting Practices.
• General understanding of Shipping and Receiving processes.
• Able to work within many commodities. IE: ( Aluminum, Steel, Packaging, Machining, Casting)
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Preferred major: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or Operations
• Minimum of 2 - 5 years experience in purchasing related position, with at least 2 years of buying experience.
• CPIM Preferred
• CPM Preferred
• Green Belt certification Required
Brunswick is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. EOE/AAP. Brunswick loves Veterans! Veterans and Reservists strongly encouraged to apply
Brunswick Corporation; get to know us
Check out our rewarding Career Opportunities
Follow Us on Twitter
Check us out on UTube
Check us out on Pinterest
Brunswick Corporation - 18 months ago
Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation,...