Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell, Siemens, and Juniper Networks. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
Responsible for providing technical direction on test and inspection equipment and supporting test processes. Test Engineers are a key resource for the Focus Factory (FF) team and are chartered with the implementation and validation of the test equipment at the site.
- Lead New Customer/Product Introductions
- Lead Assembly Build Instruction development and training
- Lead Test ECO Implementation
- Support test quote request based on RFQ process
- Adhere to global SOPs and work instructions.
- Ensure that effective training methods are identified and available to all FF's
- Support FFs in rationalizing equipment and configuration requirements to meet manufacturing and customer needs
- Support test acceptance and yield improvement processes
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 10%)
- Additional duties as assigned by management
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technologies or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Experience of 5 years is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 7 or more years is highly desirable.
- Experience with RF technology is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of 21 CFR Part 820, a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools, a plus.
- Use of statistical analysis tools and methods for problem solving (DMAIC process) experience is preferred.
- Experience with creating database driven projects (Access, SQL) and data analysis tools is required.
- Digital electronics testing and troubleshooting experience is required.
- Experience with programming user interfaces is preferred.
- Experience with setting up and configuring computer networks and wireless access points is highly desired.
- Experience with test software development (LabView, Lab Windows, C#, C++) interfacing with test instrumentation and other equipment is preferred.
- Multi-site or multi-customer experience highly preferred
- Ability to write ABI's and work instructions is required.
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Maintain strong working relationships with FF personnel, program management, Product Services Engineering group, and process support personnel
- Assertive and self motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- General office equipment and materials
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...