H-E-B Company is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation with hundreds of stores throughout Texas and more than 75,000 Partners (employees). Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace.
H-E-B offers a competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Job Summary: Responsible for all business development activity within specified divisions/product lines
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Performs duties of BDM I, for larger more complex categories, as well as the following:
- Develops new product lines and manages implementation for organization, i.e., department, region, manufacturing and company
- Determines financial impact of decisions for development of new and existing product lines
- Develops total strategic and implementation plan for category; Creates new product line strategies within varying store formats, i.e., core and plus
- Develops and coordinates corporate promotions
- Identifies meaningful opportunities in the geographic and demographic regions, or specific stores
- Manages new projects as assigned
- Creates new ideas to help differentiate H-E-B from competition and improve customer loyalty
- Seeks and pursues innovative ways to improve assortment, promotion and productivity
- Manages cost and retail relationships to support marketing strategies
Education and Experience preferred
- Master's degree in Business or related field; Bachelor's degree and substantial experience may be accepted in lieu of Master's degree
- 7-10 yrs experience with at least 5 yrs leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in working complex issues with senior management utilizing highly developed influencing skills
- Advanced level knowledge of computer software packages including use of PCs, Microsoft Office Software, H-E-B systems, internet and e-mail.
- Previous negotiation experience preferred
Key Competencies preferred
- Strong multi-tasking and attention to detail skills
- Advanced level facilitation and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to make key decisions on a daily basis
- Show initiative and willingness to take risks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage people for efficiency
Physical and Other Requirements
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Travel by airplane or car with overnight stays
- Work extended hours
HEB - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
H-E-B is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas with approximately $17 billion in revenue and 76,000 Partners. Founded in 1905, H-E-B operates...