We are looking for a distributed systems and networking stack expert to help us scale our peer-to-peer storage service to the next order of magnitude of users, devices, and petabytes.
As a hard-core systems engineer, you deeply understand async and concurrency. You are comfortable in both user and kernel mode and understand what goes where. You have designed and implemented Internet-scale distributed systems. You understand networking, down to how TCP really works. You have written storage subsystems and filesystems. You are just as comfortable in C as you are productive in C# or Java. You have a large tool chest of data structures and algorithms to pick from. You focus on the right layering and architecture. You are a perf wizard and can reason about resource tradeoffs. You understand both Linux and Windows internals. You pride yourself on writing well-tested, high-quality code and get it right the first time.
You are going to own and deliver core pieces of the Symform peer-to-peer storage service. The position will provide many interesting, hard-core technical challenges and as much responsibility as you can handle.
We are building a new kind of cloud storage system by pooling unused local storage from our users, as opposed to building big, expensive, high carbon footprint datacenters. Our cloud is every bit as reliable, secure, available, and accessible as those big expensive datacenters, but at a small fraction of the cost – which allows us to offer our users unlimited cloud storage at local storage price points. Our mission is to store the world’s data, and do our part to make this a greener planet.
- Computer Science degree
- 10 or more years of experience developing and shipping system software such as core operating system components, networking stack, distributed file systems, databases
- Cross-platform software development in C#/Java/C++
- Depth of knowledge in networking, protocol design, and concurrent systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in small groups
- Passion and desire to make an impact in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Previous startup experience is a strong plus
We are located in Pioneer Square in beautiful Seattle, WA. We treat our employees as adults and have flexible vacation policies, along with the typical startup perks: lunches, happy hours in our break room (with the occasional ping-pong tournament), giant monitors, and great hardware.
Got What it Takes? Like What We Do?
Send materials to email@example.com .
Symform, Inc. - 14 months ago