Sequel Youth and Family Services of Madison is a medium risk secure facility operated exclusively for Alabama DHR/DYS. It provides comprehensive, challenging, and safe services for adolescent males ages 12 to 18. SYFS of Madison focuses on maladaptive behaviors and provides rehabilitative services including cognitive behavioral therapy through individual, group, and family counseling. The program utilizes a highly effective therapeutic adventure programming as well as Positive Peer Culture (PPC) therapy to emphasize values and team building.
- Under the direction of the Director of Education, the Math Teacher provides direct educational services to student population using professionally and educationally acceptable methods and techniques.
- Facilitate learning in controlled environment for adolescents, ages 12 - 18.
- Teach secondary Mathematics in a safe supportive manner.
- Be involved in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Contribute to execution of set IEP guidelines.
- Maintain safe and supporting classroom environment.
- Maintain student progress reports.
Benefits Package :
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related discipline.
- Must possess or able to obtain an Alabama State Teacher's Certification in Secondary Mathematics.
- Experience with adolescents ages 12 -18 or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills are required to develop educational curriculum and to instruct students.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to write assessments and lessons plans as well as well as the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret educational and program assessments.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- Paid time off