Investment & Management Services Group
State of Wisconsin Investment Board
About the State of Wisconsin Investment Board
With approximately $78 billion in assets under management, the State of Wisconsin Investment Board (SWIB) is among the world’s largest institutional investors. Using a range of investment strategies across a spectrum of global fixed income, equity, and private market asset classes, SWIB’s core fund has commonly beaten its benchmarks in the one, five and ten year time horizons with a combination of active portfolio management and allocation of assets to external managers.
For more information about SWIB, please visit: www.swib.state.wi.us.
To provide prudent and cost-effective management of funds held in trust by the State. This is achieved with solid investment returns, consistent with the purpose and risk profile of each fund.
SWIB strives to be a premier public investment organization, a place where professional excellence and public service thrive. Superior investment returns, the highest ethical and professional standards, teamwork and a rewarding work environment will make SWIB the investment management organization of choice.
About the Opportunity
SWIB is seeking an energetic Travel Coordinator to join its Investment & Management Services Team. The Travel Coordinator will perform the majority of the travel function and provide assistance with procurement support. A small part of the position will provide back-up coverage as necessary for the front desk/reception.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Process travel arrangements for all SWIB staff in accordance with state and SWIB travel policies and procedures. A majority of travel is out-of-state and can be international.
- Complete flight and hotel searches and bookings to accommodate staff business travel needs at the lowest reasonable cost.
- Complete conference and training registrations for staff.
- Work closely with travelers to ensure travel plans are accurate and all travel-related needs are met. Address staff travel questions and concerns accurately and efficiently.
- Create travel itineraries and distribute to staff.
- Assist with the processing of staff travel expense reimbursements.
- Assist with travel management reporting as requested.
- Provide assistance with general purchasing requests.
- Assist with administrative functions as requested. May include the performance of reception duties at the SWIB front desk in a back-up capacity.
Ideal candidates will have:
J ob Location
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maturity, good judgment, and a professional demeanor
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge quickly and accurately
- Ability to provide a high level of service to staff
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience working in the travel industry
SWIB is located in Madison. The position requires U.S. work authorization and current residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area.
Qualified individuals interested in this opportunity should send an email with attached resume, cover letter, and salary history/requirements to:
Subject Line: Travel Coordinator
Deadline to apply is January 14, 2011
Pre-employment background check is required
SWIB is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer
HotTravelJobs.Com - 3 years ago