This person is responsible for obtaining materials for Teledyne Controls from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need to meet company goals. This person must also work closely with internal departments to obtain specifications necessary to accomplish specific projects related to program needs.
- Solicits competitive bids and analyzes quotations for new and existing items. Evaluates, negotiates and selects best-qualified primary and alternative sources of supply.
- Performs product research to obtain information required for initial negotiation of a contract related to goods and services.
- Initiates and develops new opportunities and alternative cost reduction strategies for procurement services for any relevant commodity areas to benefit the company.
- Aggressively pursues cost reduction; must be proficient in managing existing suppliers and developing alternate sources.
- Places all equipment purchase orders, expedites and tracks shipments.
- Coordinates with appropriate accounting staff on payment of invoices, resolving discrepancies and billing follow-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
Education, Experience or Other Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, A.P.P., and 5 years of purchasing experience in the following areas preferred: Electronic components from distribution, printed wiring boards, build to print electronic mechanical products, consignment/turnkey contract manufacturing, machined and sheet metal products.
- Must have certificate of Supply Chain Management
- Must have strong computer experience using Excel. Knowledge in Word and Access preferred.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with procedures, laws and regulations.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret drawing specifications.
- Must be detail oriented, organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills.
- Experience working in a MAPICS MRP environment preferred.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- 4 years ago - save job