Ensures that the assigned region meets or exceeds sales and profitability objectives. Formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. Works with sales representatives to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve their annual sales objectives. Manages and coaches the activities of sales representatives, clinical representatives, and other field personnel. Negotiates contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity. Responsible for the management and implementation of company policies.
- Industry Knowledge: Responsible for providing continuous tools and education to team members to ensure up to date industry, competitor and product knowledge; Maintains knowledge of the industry and the competition continually seeking information from physicians, suppliers, insurance carriers and others to challenge, modify and prioritize regional strategies; Collects data from their region on competitor’s sales tactics and prepares their team to counter them and keeps the marketing organization aware; Maintains awareness of industry trends and their impact on local/regional sales activities.
- Business Management: Monitors region sales performance on an ongoing basis, initiating corrective actions, preparing reports, summaries, analysis and documentation on all aspects of region management; Assists sales support/marketing staff members in activities such as sales promotion, training or market research in planning and executing special projects; Ensures the effective implementation of representative customer records, key contacts, reports and company policies; Responsible for the proper maintenance of organization cars and equipment within assigned region; Develops and executes sales strategies and activities; Plans and controls expenses to ensure sales objectives are met within budget; Performs a monthly P&L review; Integrates individual territory plans and account profiles into a broader regional sales plan and coaches sales team accordingly; Conducts quarterly sales reviews and adjusts strategies accordingly.
- Selling Skills: Prepares quarterly regional sales forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential and sales expense estimates; Identifies sales forecast gaps, submits corrective strategies and implements aggressive sales growth; Confers with immediate superior in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes; Develops and recommends expansion analysis of new field territories; Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a region targeting program; Identifies and recommends promotion programs and materials to help support the sales plan and strategy; Shares personal selling experiences in a way that motivates others and teaches applicable skills; Coaches others in the field on a disciplined selling model; Models strong selling skills in front of the customer with others present and without taking over the sales process; Actively supports corporate/divisional selling initiatives by proactively assisting in the training and influencing their team.
- Clinical Excellence: Maintains the skills and knowledge to sell the entire product line to all applicable buying influences and can differentiates each product line against the competitor’s products in front of the customer.
- Creative Economic and Value-Added Solutions: Identifies and develops working relationships with the economic buyer in their regions key accounts; Facilitation of contract negotiations involving all products within the region; Creates a compete “bundle” of product and value-add services; Evaluates situations as they affect both the account/customer, as well as the division’s overall long and short-term business needs; Helps define negotiation parameters for tough economically constrained customer situations.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships: Maintains contact with major accounts and key relationships seeking to leverage them into profitable business ventures; Assist key customers in the creation, maintenance, expansion and startup of Scimed related educational courses and forums; Attend and participate in customer, company and industry sponsored forums and courses; Develop and maintain relationships with key BSC functional areas including but not limited too - National Accounts, marketing, finance, corporate programs; Spends a minimum of 70% time in the field with each sales representative to support their professional development needs and to maintain and develop strong relationships and understanding of the customer.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Typical Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor's degree plus 7-9 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Boston Scientific Corporation - 2 years ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...