Position will be responsible for development, interpretation and enforcement of company policy as it relates to employment, compensation, benefits, training, labor relations and regulatory compliance issues. As a key member of the Mill Leadership Team this position will directly supervise one (1) direct report and work closely with the Mill Safety Manger. Reports directly to the Division Director of Human Resources and has a dotted line reporting relationship with the Mill General Manager.
- Directs the recruiting, interviewing and selection of qualified candidates to fill approved vacancies. Process includes pre-employment applicant testing, background checks, drug screening for both hourly and salaried openings.
- Will keep appropriate records to prepare and monitor facility Affirmative Action plan per corporate direction.
- Responsible to coordinate the effective on-boarding of new hires to ensure all new employees are familiar and comfortable with their new role, Rock Tenn history, culture and expectations and mill specific policy, practice and procedure.
- Maintains the Human Resource Information System to ensure that management has access to appropriate people information to run the business. Systems include PeopleSoft and Success Factors.
- Administers terms of the collective bargaining agreement. Coordinates all grievance activity up through arbitration step. Advises operations leaders and conducts training as required to ensure contract compliance.
- Administers all compensation related issues for the mill population…annual merit process, incentive program, promotions, etc.
- Ensure that all annual Performance Appraisals and Talent Reviews are completed in a timely manner and that developmental activities are administered as appropriate.
- Under the direction of the Mill General Manager will serve as the primary point of contact on community related activities…United Way, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
- Works with corporate benefits group to communicate and administer corporate benefits programs to hourly and salaried employees at the location.
- Works closely with the Mill Safety manager to coordinate safety and workers compensation programs to ensure an injury-free environment.
- Serves as the facility’s security administrator. Coordinates all activities, outside services, vendors in this regard.
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Integrity & Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Dealing With Paradox
- Sizing Up People
Minimum bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. 7-10 years prior experience in Human Resources preferably in a unionized manufacturing environment.
SPECIAL LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
SHRM Certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred.
ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME:
Rock Tenn Company - 2 years ago