The Advanced Practice Nurse functions as an expert clinician, a role model, consultant, researcher and educator for staff, patients and families. Acts as a change agent to improve quality of care. Populations served are adult and geriatric patients, r esponsible for face to face visits for our hospice population.
1. Demonstrates clinical expertise through direct and indirect patient care.
2. Serves as a hospital wide consultant in area of clinical expertise.
3. Provides leadership in developing and implementing new programs, policies and procedures and practice standards.
4. Investigates clinical problems and offers research based solutions.
5. Contributes to the development, maintenance and change of the health care delivery system.
6. Communication: Communicates with the healthcare team members, patient, parent or significant other based on their level of comprehension and understanding.
7. Safety: Evaluates environmental safety and provides environment that is safe based on age and developmental status.
8. Patient assessment: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care by identifying physical, psychosocial and development needs and adapting interventions accordingly.
9. Procedures: Performs procedures utilizing approaches and equipment appropriate to the patient's age and size.
10. Patient Education: Provides information and instructions at a level of understanding appropriate to the comprehension level of the patient and/or significant other.
11. Physical job tasks include: Occasional sitting, bending, reaching and climbing, frequent standing and walking. Repetitive use of hands involving computer use; frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs. Occasionally carrying and pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs..
12. Maintains proficiency in hospital-wide computer system.
1. Collaborates with the health care team for patient care delivery that considers age and developmental status needs.
2. Designs and facilitates staff, patient and family education.
3. In the presence of a Written Collaborative Agreement, may see patients according to the agreement.
Masters degree in nursing in area of expertise.
Able to effectively communicate in English, both written & verbal
Minimum of 5 years clinical RN experience
Experience in hospice or palliative care environment
Current Illinois Registration and Advance Practice Licensure
Certification in area of specialty required
Current CPR for Healthcare Providers
When it comes to medical care, you have a lot of options. We know that. And we want you to know that we at Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare...