Put your strong supervisory and heavy equipment operator experience to good use. In this position you will help oversee multiple railcar transloading sites. Operation of the backhoe and backhoe transport, and assist in all other phases of material handling, including truck driving and mobile equipment operations. Ensure safe and effective use of employees, equipment, and supplies to meet required schedules at minimum cost and proper quality. This position will require travel to and from the following locations: Sidney, NE / North Platte, NE / Greeley, Co.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Meet objectives for safety, quality, and profitability
- Enforce safety procedures, including wearing all appropriate PPE
- Ensure railcar transloading is performed to specifications
- Assist in transporting equipment from one location to next depending on customer demands
- Practice company and applicable railroad policies and procedures
- Ensure equipment is operated correctly and safely
- Preventative maintenance and repair of equipment
- Practice good housekeeping of equipment
About the company:
Holland Company is a $150mm organization headquartered in Crete, IL. We have over 600 employees who provide a variety of services for railroad companies. In addition, Holland designs and manufactures equipment and products for the railroad industry.
Holland Company is wholly-owned by The Curran Group, a privately-held holding company located in Crystal Lake, IL.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of backhoe operation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Team player
- Varying schedule as work load demands.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Good organizational and paperwork skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Must possess class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)