• Daily responsibilities include control system programming, including base logic, graphics, and batch programming.
• Lead life-cycle strategy/planning efforts for site control systems
• Lead training efforts for site automation.
• Work closely with Operations to execute programming modifications to de-bottleneck equipment and improve plant performance and reliability.
• Lead annual functional certification of site automated interlock checkout.
• Utilize technical background and troubleshooting techniques to improve processes and product quality.
• Ensure plant changes or modifications are captured and documented as part of the PSM "Management of Change". Provide Technical support for risk assessments on Management of Changes to ensure changes do not jeopardize safety of plant
BS Degree in an Engineering discipline with minimum 5+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufactuing enivronment. Minimum 3yrs. experience with PLC programing, controls systems, automation, and instrumentation.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to interface with other departments on and off site
• Strong technical skills to help troubleshoot problems in the different manufacturing areas
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in chemical plant operation preferred
• Knowledge of chemical unit and material handling operations
• Knowledge of Wonderware preferred
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Swift Worldwide Resources - 4 months ago