IBM is now hiring for its Dubuque, Iowa Domestic Delivery Center. Bringing IT careers to Middle America.
IBM is currently seeking Technical Support Subject Matter Experts responsible for providing support for problem, change and work tickets for client server support operations surrounding the Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure. The new hires will assess the situation to determine the problems the client is facing. Problems are not routine or standardized and the creation of documentation explaining the solution to the problem is required. This role is responsible for implementing changes to the client’s environment. Experience in configuration, support and deployment of Tivoli (ITM, TEC, Framework) is a must. Other Systems Management product experience such as BMC Patrol, CA Unicenter, Microsoft Operations Manager, and HP OpenView is desirable, as is experience in TDW and ITCAM for Database and Microsoft. Experience in one or more of the following is desired:
• Intel , UNIX Sys Admin and Server Management
• Database Management: Oracle, DB2, SQL
• Middleware: SAP, MQ, Exchange
• Product Lifecycle Management
This role reports to the Manager, Enterprise Automation Distributed Systems (EADS). This is a technical role which also requires strong analytical and problem solving skills. Needs to be able to negotiate with customers and teams to develop technical solutions.
• Maintenance of documentation specific to the role
• Adherence to Managed Operating Environment process and procedures
• Provide regular project updates to the team
• Provide technical support to clients and other IBM service lines and competencies
• Own and take action on requests for service, implementing changes and resolving assigned problems (may involve some after hours and weekend work)
• Provide 24x7 after hours on-call support as required
•Maintain detailed knowledge of Tivoli and other Systems management product set functionality
• Assist Architects to research and solution new products and designs
• Provide Systems Management expertise to project teams
• Highlight areas for improvement in current processes, and implement improvements
• Develop Relationships with all SSO Service Lines to ensure we meet contractual obligations
• Work closely with other Service Lines and account teams
• Work with users of products supported by the EADS Team to identify and, where appropriate, address deficiencies
• Attend and actively participate in weekly review meetings with the team leader and/or manager to discuss issues, concerns, people, ideas and workload
• Be a focal point in a technical and client advocate capacity and whenever rotated onto new accounts, ensure other team members are mentored for success
• Make approved system configuration changes
• Install, test and customize approved software products
• Perform problem determination, problem root cause identification and problem resolution
• Initiate changes to procedures to ensure integrity and maximize availability of infrastructure and applications, eg. systems, sub-systems and data.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 3 years experience in using Windows Servers
- At least 3 years experience in using UNIX (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, or Linux)
- At least 3 years experience in administration of IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) or Tivoli Distributed Monitoring and Tivoli Management Framework
- At least 3 years experience in at least one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant technologies
- English: Fluent
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
- At least 5 years experience in using UNIX (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, or Linux)
- At least 5 years experience in administration of IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) or Tivoli Distributed Monitoring and Tivoli Management Framework
- At least 1 year experience in administration of IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) version 6.x
- At least 1 year experience in configuring and creating monitors/situations for middleware monitoring including Oracle, DB2, SQL, SAP, MQ, or Exchange.
- At least 1 year experience in administrating HP Openview or BMC Patrol
- Basic knowledge in LEAN Methodologies
- At least 1 year experience in Maximo tool or other work and problem/change tools
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 14 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...