The Security Staff person will be expected to meet the needs of the community when; responding to alarms, emergency calls, phone calls requesting assistance, security assessments and surveillance, and some basic maintenance and housekeeping calls. If appropriate, 911 will be called and/or other necessary personnel notified .
Essential Activities & Tasks
Security, Safety & Risk Management
- Responds to & helps resolve all resident emergencies or phone calls requesting assistance. Determines response via Aging in Place protocols. Summons 911, responsible party or family for intervention. Completes all necessary logs, reports and necessary protocols.
- Responds to & helps resolve Mechanical Emergencies including fire alarms, smoke detectors, water emergencies, heating and air conditioning emergencies, checking for cause and determining action.
- Oversees security and safety plans, activities & issues including: surveillance, patrolling interior and exterior of buildings, staff /resident requests for assistance, and investigating unusual or suspicious circumstances, locking and unlocking buildings as required.
- Delivers daily Security & Safety services operations to support & assure compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirement through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties. Maintains a state of readiness for survey by regulatory bodies.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the policies and procedure manual, and supports facility-wide compliance with said policies and procedures.
- During working hours, notifies appropriate personnel as designated of incidents concerning client issues not previously mentioned, e.g., a disoriented, confused, anxious or wandering client. Notifies Administrator on Call, (AOC) and Supervisor when significant or serious issues arise, i.e. death of an independent resident, fire or major emergencies.
- Attends to basic maintenance and housekeeping problems.
- Opens resident's door per request of resident, 911, or a family member.
Administration & Reporting
- Maintains legible and comprehensive daily/shift logs. Keeps Safety and Security book with Policies and Procedures for reference as need arises.
- Participates in report at shift change to share the events of the shift and any information needed for the next shift.
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Previous emergency training preferred.
- CPR certified, or plan to become as soon as possible.
- First Aid training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Proven work record of at least two years of experience in a similar job setting.
- Prefer previous emergency response or security experience and training.
- Prefer previous experience working with those within the age range of our residents.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable and meet OPRS' carrier underwriting standards.