The Purchasing Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the strategic sourcing process for a sub-set of commodity and specialized packaging goods including corrugated materials, tape, stretch film, shrink film, strapping, and other industrial packaging materials.
• Negotiates contracts to secure the highest quality goods and value based on market shifts, supply-chain movement, and various product offerings.
• Assists in the development and presentation of management strategies and related materials for specific work groups.
• Monitors compliance with contracts, facilities meeting and discussions to resolve circumstances, and contacts other personnel when required.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
• Oversees and coordinates purchasing matters with other departments, locations and divisions, including senior management.
• Provide supervision, direction, training, etc. for direct reports.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of six years of professional purchasing experience, including at least three years of experience managing industrial or consumer packaging sourcing process.
• Strong preference for backgrounds in consumer and industrial packaging corrugated materials, tape, stretch, film, shrink film, strapping, and other industrial packaging materials.
• Minimum of three years supervisory experience in related field.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to engage multiple functions (technical, engineering, general management) within a business.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• AS400 knowledge preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
Victory Packaging - 24 months ago
Family-owned Victory Packaging manufactures and distributes corrugated boxes, bubble wrap, shrink film, tape, equipment, and other packaging...