We have part time, seasonal openings at the JCC for Inclusion Shadows (non camp programs) for our Theatre Unlimited programming.
- Theatre Unlimited - Sundays 2:00 - 4:00pm and Wednesdays 7:00 - 9:00pm beginning the first week of January.
Inclusion Shadows provide one on one support to children, teens, and adults with developmental disabilities as they participate in regular programming at the JCC in Creve Coeur and Chesterfield.
- Support children, teens, and adults as they participate in group or individual activities
- Make accommodations to activities as needed to allow the child, teen, or adult to fully participate
- Facilitate transitions or sensory breaks as needed
- Assist children or youth with personal care needs as needed
- Appropriately manage crisis situations related to behavior or health as needed
- Work cooperatively with counselors leading the program
- Maintain good attendance and have reliable transportation
- Follow all JCC rules, regulations, and standards
- Attend training and meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or GED required; Minimum of 18 years of age
- Current college student or graduate in a related field preferred
- Experience working closely with children or youth with developmental disabilities
- Understanding of unique needs of children and youth with developmental disabilities
- Must have auditory, visual, ambulatory, cognitive, communications and physical ability to complete major tasks in the program
- Ability to relate to and communicate with one’s peer group, parents, as well as to child’s age and skill levels
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Ability to assist children and youth in emergency situations; including fire, evacuation, illness, or injury
- Should possess good character, integrity, and adaptability.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control in a dynamic environment
- Current CPR and First Aid certification is required and must be maintained. Training will be provided if necessary.
St. Louis Jewish Community Center - 12 months ago