The main duty would be to support the design and the scoping of sites identified as part of T-Mobile New England network modernization.
Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies: Solid understanding of RF propagation principles, GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS theory, RF engineering tools (Ericsson OSS, Asset, T-PIM, REWSS, Schema, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, etc) and antenna theory.
- Performs coverage, capacity, and performance planning on UMTS network and works with other departments to meet growth needs.
- Designs, datafills and integrates new UMTS cell sites and UMTS 2nd carriers into the existing T-Mobile network while preserving optimal Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Participates in development, testing, and validation of RF feature plan proposals. Follows implementation guidelines for approved new features and technologies.
- Monitors and reviews GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS network Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by using Radio Network Performance tools (T-PIM, REWSS, etc). Analyzes drive/test information using maps, charts, and workbooks within post-processing tools (Actix, OptPCS, etc); Develops reports, presentations, processes and strategic approaches to problem solving.
- Diagnoses BTS hardware, interference, data throughput, coverage and transmission path performance issues and develops action plans for resolution. Works closely with other departments to reach satisfactory resolution.
- Undertakes BSS / RAN parameter audits, suggests and fine tunes parameters; Implements new S/W or BSS parameters for overall network improvement
- Provides engineering support to Sales / Customers by responding to customer and employee complaints. Maintains customer impacting interfaces such as PCC, impaired service areas and sales collateral
Ability to work independently and complete tasks successfully. Strong attention to detail. Exhibiting initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of Ericsson UMTS platform as well as knowledge of Ericsson GSM product line; experience in optimizing and troubleshooting mature GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS networks (experience with optimizing
- Experience with various drive test and data post-processing and analysis units (TEMS, Actix, OptPCS, etc)
- Experience with Ericsson 2G and 3G OSS, running & analyzing NCS / WNCS recordings, GPEH, UETR traces and activating/ monitoring performance management (pm) counters used to improve network performance.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to completion
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
- Strong computer skills. Unix, Oracle Database, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel macros and SQL programming are a plus.
- Advanced MapInfo, Aircom (Asset) and Actix skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure.
Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in UMTS Design and Performance
Prior exposure to Ericsson UTRAN highly preferred
Aircom (Asset) RF Planning tool experience is mandatory; Actix (RadioPlan) ACP tool experience is a plus.
Knowledge of T-Mobile tools (InSite, Homer, etc) and processes is a strong plus
Strong LTE Design skills, project management skills, multitasking abilities, Excel / programming skills or very good proficiency in GSM / UMTS optimization / troubleshooting are strongly preferred.