The Statistical Analyst/Programmer will interact with biostatisticians, epidemiologists and clinical scientists to carry out statistical data programming and genetics data analysis at the Data Coordinating Center for a large, international epidemiologic study.
- Maintain study databases, including questionnaire-based, lab-based and genetics data
- Clean and organize data in preparation for analysis, including logic and consistency checks
- Use programs such as PLINK and METAL to perform genetics data analysis
- Perform ad hoc database queries and analyses as needs arise
- Assist in development of statistical analysis plans
- Help interpret results and write reports
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or epidemiology.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with SAS and R for data management and analysis
- Commitment to writing clean, well-documented code
- Strong communication skills in one-on-one and small group contexts
- Ability to work independently to efficiently accomplish specific responsibilities set by Data Coordinating Center team
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Linux operating system
- Experience writing R packages
- Working knowledge of medical/institutional research procedures
- Working knowledge of medical/research terminology
- Working knowledge of genetics data
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Date Posted: 6/6/2013
What's NU? With its main campus in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, Northwestern University (NU) serves its 16,500 students...