Hewlett Packard has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a
Technology Consultant IV
District of Columbia - Washington
· Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
· Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
· Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
· Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HP strategy moving forward.
· Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry
· products and technologies.
· Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
· Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
· Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
· Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows HP portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management. Assists with multiple customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
HP is the world's largest provider of IT infrastructure, software, services, and solutions to individuals and organizations of all sizes. We bring the advantages of our scale, the breadth and depth of our portfolio, our innovation, and our competitiveness to our customers every day and in almost every country in the world. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
HP Enterprise Services’ U.S. Public Sector Consulting organization helps clients transform and manage their IT environments to accelerate outcomes. Our goal is to be the provider of choice for IT consulting services in the U.S. Public Sector marketplace. The HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting services portfolio includes offerings in the following areas:
• Enterprise Service Management
• IT Transformation, Strategy, and Program/Project Management
• Data Center Transformation and Cloud Computing
• Systems Integration
• Applications Services
• Information Management and Analytics
• Cyber Security
• Infrastructure disciplines
This is an exciting time to join HP U.S. Public Sector Consulting! We are experiencing year-over- year growth, outpacing our market. Our consultants are engaged in projects at client sites in the Washington DC area and across the U.S. for a wide variety of Federal, State, and Local government clients, and Higher Education accounts. They’re working with, and learning from, the best and brightest minds in the industry, and expanding their knowledge, skills, and abilities through HP training resources and from practical application on our ongoing projects.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI FS POLY Clearance
Location: District of Columbia - Washington
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree (+/-16 years)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Education and Experience Required:
8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
· Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings. Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
· Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
· Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
· Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
· Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
· Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
· Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an HP sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
· Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
· Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
· Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is a multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA. HP got...