WellPoint is one of the nations leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At WellPoint, we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. WellPoint strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Senior Health Information Consultant, representing Client Advisory Services, is responsible for identifying opportunities to positively impact member health as well as the financial well-being of high profile employer groups through data analysis and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry. The candidate is accountable for overseeing any holistic information management-related impacts to clients and leading change to benefit the client as needed.
The candidate will be an active participant in providing Sales with insightful interpretive analytics of the medical plan’s key cost drivers, and offer strategic recommendations based upon the medical plan design and clinical program utilization data. The candidate will work with Region specific Account Executives to provide strategic recommendations that communicate the value of the health plan and promote wellness.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
WellPoint is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2012 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.wellpoint.com/careers . EOE
- Provides healthcare cost and utilization analysis and demonstrates the Company’s value for high profile clients, leveraging the appropriate information with the client, collaborates with key areas of the organization to present a comprehensive, integrated healthcare story for the customer through presentations and written executive summaries.
- Participates in strategic presentations as needed to define and support the Company’s overall mission. Providing insightful guidance and interpretation of the data, and preparing presentations that Sales can utilize in a consultative manner with the client are major contributions to this position.
- Develops action plans and assists in planning initiatives to address areas for improvement identified through data analysis and business expertise.
- Stays abreast of latest trends in the healthcare industry as well as the latest competitor offerings.
- Educates Sales on industry trends and impact of these trends on the clients’ cost and utilization.
- Provides subject matter expertise with internal business partners to improve the efficiency and continuity of group information, serving as an advocate for the customer.
- Performs strategic data analysis and research as appropriate to support business needs.
- Leads enterprise planning initiatives to address areas for improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PhD or Masters level of education and experience is preferred, and at least 5 years related experience health information analytics in client facing required. Experience in a Sales and external customer environment and/or consulting background preferred.
The candidate must have a strong expertise in PowerPoint and Excel.
Excellent oral, written, presentation, communication, financial, analytical, and organizational skills required. Ability to travel 25-40% of the time.
Experience in a health insurance preferred.
Once an offer is accepted, all external applicants are subject to a background investigation
and if appropriate, drug testing. Offers of employment shall be contingent upon
passing both the background investigation and drug testing (if required).
associate referral process on WorkNet. Official guidelines for the associate referral
- Current WellPoint associates: All referrals must be submitted through the formal
program can be found in My HR.
Similar Job Postings
- WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a WellPoint recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. All of our careers require that you first complete an online application on our wellpoint.com/careers web site.
Advanced Analytics Sr C...
Bus Info Consultant (An...
Program Analyst - 65801
WellPoint - 18 months ago
WellPoint, Inc. (WellPoint) is a health benefits company serving 35 million medical members, as of December 31, 2008. The Company is an...