Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
• Data Entry – Within the EXE WMS system processing receivers from the put-away process through verification for inbound transfers and POs into the warehouse; keying inventory and cycle count adjustments. Generating and printing the associated reports for the respective inventory activities. Manage EXE for scratches and mark outs utilizing various transaction menus/screens within the EXE WMS. Monitoring that work units are completed and researching those that aren’t.
• Clerical/Customer Service – Create and maintain reports for receivers, adjustments and cycle count files. File reports according to company retention policies and so they are accessible for as needed auditing purposes. Answer inquiries from vendors and accounting for accounts receiving. Work with retail customers to research order discrepancies (close dated, wrong items).
• Inventory/compliance – Daily maintenance of code dates on product and notify appropriate personnel when material has expired. Performing daily 10 or less inventory checks and weekly cycle counts, this entails generating the reports, physically counting the items, processing the data entry and creating follow up reports and required documentation. Researching item discrepancies (incorrect slots, abandoned work units, tagged incorrectly, not tagged, etc.) and setting items right, relaying findings to supervisory staff. Processing WSO (warehouse shipping orders) for donated and/or disposed of freight; working with recipient charity on pick up; overseeing load out of items; insuring all paperwork is completed timely, completely and accurately. Ensure all inventory control documentation meets Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance (adjustments/receipts). Cool compliance. New item set-up, slot maintenance and re-slotting of product in the warehouse. Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or G.E.D., 1-2 years college preferred in accounting.
• 1-2 years work experience in accounting or inventory control, preferably in a distribution environment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Preferred knowledge of EXE WMS system.
• Knowledge of FIFO – LIFO.
• Understanding of calculations of cube.
• Strong aptitude with numbers.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Stickler for details.
• Willingness to learn.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Well organized and able to work independently.
• Must be dependable and reliable as the work is very time sensitive.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway Corp. - 7 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...