System Administrator Level 3 – Linux/Unix (SA3-L/U)
All candidates must hold active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope poly.
Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland
Relevant Degree: Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems (max credit – four years).
Relevant Certification: At least one UNIX certification is required. Because some certification is mandatory, certification cannot be substituted for minimum requirements.
1. Provides the Tier 3 support and serves on the front line as technical personnel on the System Administration team.
2. Provides administrative support of UNIX systems. Duties include installing the operating system, managing the configurations, managing the ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring the status of all systems and applications, etc. Duties also include supporting installed applications and network services (NIS, DNS, LDAP, etc.).
3. Serves as the senior level System Administrator.
1. Eight (8) years experience in the IT systems administration field. (Relevant education may be applied to this requirement only.)
2. Experienced in writing scripts (e.g., Shell and PERL) to automate administration functions and to parse files.
3. Technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX (both in a physical and virtual environment).
4. At least one year experience as a system administrator for the Red Hat Linux operating system.
5. Ability to work from a Command Line Interface (CLI).
6. Must have completed an approved Customer Service Training course within the year preceding engagement on the contract, or must complete such a course within six months of engagement on the contract.
MAR, Incorporated - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard