Requisition Number: 58372
Physical Location: COR-INVERNESS
Department Name: CEN NORTH STATE OUTREACH
Status: Full Time
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours per Pay Period: 80
Required Education: Bachelors Degree
Required Experience: More than 6 years
Certificate/Licensure: None Required
Contact Information: Laura Stokes
Executive Assistant to the President/System CEO of Centura Health and Office Manager for the Corporate/Service Center
Enjoy a terrific career with the system that is truly charting the future of healthcare! Centura Health is Colorado’s largest health provider spanning the state with 13 hospitals, multiple physician practices, home/hospice care, and operating 7 senior living communities.
As part of the Centura Health Colorado family, you can expect highly competitive pay and some of the best benefits in the industry.
About The Role:
The Executive Assistant to the President & System CEO of Centura Health is a pivotal role for this organization, as this individual will work closely and effectively with the System CEO (acting as the “right arm” to the CEO). This position is a high visibility, high volume, and high impact role. The EA will take an active interest in the success of this faith-based, mission-driven organization, assuming a broad range of responsibilities and projects on behalf of the Centura Health System.
As this role will interact most closely with executives from either of our Sponsor organizations or with senior level management within Centura, she/he must be able to quickly establish an accessible, supportive and trusting relationship with them.
The EA will act as the Senior Executive’s emissary. The Executive Assistant is personable, reliable and the epitome of diplomacy and professionalism. She/he will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material in an environment where professionalism, efficiency, and communication skills are of paramount importance. The EA will be expected to use practical judgment and analysis to resolve problems, make recommendations and perform their responsibilities.
This role not only provides executive support to the CEO, but also takes a leadership role managing the front desk receptionists. This role also ensures that work and coverage is distributed accordingly among the suite of the executive assistants at the Corporate Office for Centura Health, and is responsible for building collaboration and common processes/ protocols for executive assistants in the Corporate Office.
The successful candidate is able to work independently with little supervision, anticipates the needs of the executive and is experienced at handling a variety of responsibilities simultaneously, including but not limited to:
• Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected
• Manage and extremely active calendar, updating executive about appointments to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Uses judgment to Identify situations that require immediate attention or escalation
• Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated
• Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office
• Within established guidelines, makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling work, and shifting priorities as needed
• Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior leadership staff
• Ensures that materials for meetings with the CEO are received on a timely basis and are relevant, complete and accurate. Proactively monitor assigned executive’s schedules to identify conflicts and reach out for input / resolution before time or priority conflicts occur.
• Schedule and coordinate executive meetings, including creating meeting packets for all of the CEO’s internal meetings and various external meetings (including, but not limited to the Centura Health Board meetings) and recording minutes and notes for all of those meetings.
• Serve as a senior executive liasion, participating as an adjunct member of the Senior Executive Council, including scheduling meetings, coordinating the agenda,& attending all Senior Executive meetings/off-sites chaired by the CEO
• Coordinate Town Halls, Entity visits, and/or broader associate forums/meetings that the CEO is leading
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the President and CEO, with staff, and others, on matters related to CEO's programmatic and/or strategic initiative
• Research, prioritize, compile data, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President,/CEO including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Create, edit and review, on the CEO’s behalf, documents, correspondence (including email correspondence), presentations, and meeting materials. Ensures that these items are high-quality and error-free, and a positive representation of the CEO. This may include preparing materials for viewing by associates of all levels including system-wide communications, Board meeting materials, and the like.
• Answer the phone and responds to emails received from Centura leaders and associates, clients, board members and other constitutes
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company
• Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
• Demonstrate sound judgment, initiative and competency in making decisions on how to plan or execute assigned tasks based on a stated intent, without requiring excessive feedback or validation.
• Perform advanced word processing activities to develop presentations, reports, spreadsheets, graphs and other documents
• Reconcile the “p-card” (purchasing card) and prepare expense reports to ensure timely reimbursement.
• Anticipate organizational opportunities and needs of the CEO. The incumbent must take the initiative to address the needs and think through the details associated with organizing the CEO’s schedule in an effective and efficient manner.
• Take steps to organize, initiate and coordinate a wide variety of social interactions in a manner that reflects the values of Centura Health.
• Coordinate board retreats and ensure that board members and spouses are properly entertained during a board retreat.
• Lead or assist others with the coordination of special events and large meetings
• Handle highly confidential, sensitive and/or critical information, files, records and reports
• Ensure that the President/CEO's bio is kept updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the organization in general
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow-though in a timely manner
• Set goals and provide feedback to direct reports
• Guide, direct, and coordinate to ensure that work and coverage is distributed accordingly among the suite of the executive assistants at the Corporate Office for Centura Health
• Build collaboration and common processes/ protocols for executive assistants in the Corporate Office
• Other activities and projects as directed by the System CEO
Skills/Knowledge and Abilities:
A highly skilled, versatile, take-charge executive assistant who combines proven project management skills with strong computer skills; astute problem solving skills; broad and accurate administrative capabilities; solid financial/numeric aptitude; and naturally diplomatic communicative abilities. The successful candidate must:
• Possess a high level of professionalism (executive presence)
• Maintain ultimate confidentiality of sensitive company information in addition to sensitive personal information of the CEO and trustworthy and poised in handling both
• Be able to interact with all level of employees in the organization, as well as board members and other external CEO’s
• Stay focused on long term objectives, while supporting the daily needs of the CEO
• Possess strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrate experience in proactively solving problems (a creative problem solver), and be flexible and resourceful.
• Have good judgment; a strong work ethic; and be politically savvy
• Maintain composure and focus under pressure, and be confident and decisive in stressful situations and tight timeframes
• Possess advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and able to perform advanced word processing activities to develop presentations, reports, spreadsheets, graphs and other documents
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 -10 years prior experience supporting C-Level Executives, prior supervision experience a plus
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff and external clients or partners
• Proven ability to exercise considerable discretion, independent judgment, tact and diplomacy when making decisions and interacting with associate, clients, Board of Directors, and others
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• A natural leader who can get things done. Will have experience in shifting priorities quickly and multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Must be extremely adaptable to fluctuating deadlines and stay focused. Must be able to adapt to intense workloads, schedules and diverse situations with a sense of urgency.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat, while Social Media web platforms is a plus
• Excellent telephone skills – must speak clearly and concisely with all who phone the CEO’s office
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Capable of taking on responsibilities and managing priorities with minimal guidance
• Emotional maturity
• Ability to work outside normal business hours on occasion
• Must have a sense of humor and ambition
Centura Health - 13 months ago
Although Centura Health is in the Centennial State and "centur" is a big part of its name, it hasn't been around for 100...