Job Summary: Reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager or designated manager, responsibilities include managing promotion and advertising materials for the auction. Manage point of sale campaigns developed for commercial consignors and weekly auction sales and special events. Develop new business and retain current business to increase sales. Provide direction in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure achievement of maximum dollar sales volume in the most profitable way possible. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times by persons under their jurisdiction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work with Regional Marketing Manager and auction management to identify, initiate and execute events and marketing campaigns. Plan and coordinate special events to drive desired business results according to company guidelines. Work with auction management to ensure that marketing events are appropriately staffed and that client needs are addressed for each sale.
2. Ensure that ADESA’s brand and corporate identity system are incorporated into all marketing initiatives developed and/or executed at the auction.
3. Procure service vendors (e.g. caterers, entertainers, etc.) and negotiate contract pricing as needed for approved marketing events. Present contracts to auction management for signing and coordinate service-vendor relationships according to agreements.
4. Communicate with auction management to ensure that marketing expenses are in-line with auction marketing budget. Secure GM and/or RVP approval for all expenses before procuring supplies or services
5. Complete an annual competitive analysis, studying local competition and gaining an understanding of local business challenges. Recommend marketing strategies to address these challenges, communicating ideas to General Manager and Regional Marketing Manager and securing approval before taking action.
6. Run reports in AMS and maintain market reports as assigned by the General Manager or Regional Marketing Manager. Assist management in directing and controlling proper record keeping and follow-through on all sales promotions.
7. Ensure run lists (catalogs) are prepared for each sale event by managing the process personally or coordinating help from other auction staff. Distribute run lists to local hotels as assigned by auction management.
8. Assist in the coordination of travel and hotel/room reservations for dealers.
9. Order promotional items and marketing collateral from approved distributors according to promotional plans and in a timely fashion to minimize shipping charges.
10. Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins, schedules and accounting from the General Manager or other corporate sources.
11. Participate in departmental and auction meetings as requested.
12. Initiate and encourage productive communications with General Manager, Regional Marketing Manager and other auction personnel.
13. Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree with one (1) to three (3) years advertising or marketing experience preferred. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
The physical activity requirements of the position range from Sedentary to Light Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with automobile operations and emissions.
Note: Refer to the Handbook and Policy Manuals for important addendum requirements to all job descriptions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
Adesa Inc. - 10 months ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...