Associate Information Officer (AIO)Project Management
Job ID #: 85510
Location: NJ-Berkeley Heights
Functional Area: Information Technology
Company: 10001 - American International Group, Inc.
Employment Type: Full Time - Permanent
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
Experience Required: 10+ years
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Percentage: 0
Associate Information Officer (AIO) - Systems Design & Development: Senior and experienced leader to manage the implementation of a large global business intelligence & reporting solution for commercial property & casualty insurance business managers. Specific responsibilities include evaluate user requirements, provide recommendations (cost development, cost/benefit analysis, and presentation to senior management) and implement (design, develop, and test) technological solutions to support the objectives of the business units. Role includes development as well as maintenance/enhancement responsibilities.
• A related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
• 10 years progressive experience in analyzing and solving business problems through the implementation of business applications with multiple application systems
• Significant experience leading large Business Intelligence/Reporting solutions including the following components: ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) solutions, Data Mart/Data Warehouse implementations, & COGNOS reporting solutions.
• Strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to communicate complex concepts and strategies between different communities of people
• Ability to negotiate agreements that gain acceptance of all stakeholders
• Proven track record of relationship building at the highest business unit and management levels
• Experience coordinating with a formal Project Management Organization (PMO) across the lifecycle of multiple projects
• Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
• General knowledge of the insurance industry
• Knowledge of system and technology alternatives
• Knowledge of technology trends, terms, and concepts
• Strong project management and leadership skills, including large scale financial or insurance technology project management
• International or global experience beneficial
American International Group, Inc. (AIG), a world leader in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world. AIG's common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Ireland and Tokyo.
AIG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Valic - 13 months ago