Would you love to put your passion for the outdoors to work? Are you “Born To Work Here”? Then Cabela’s, the World’s Foremost Outfitter of Hunting, Fishing and Outdoor Gear, might be the place for you. Cabela’s has an opening for an
Associate Category Manager for Retail - New Handguns in the Firearms/Shooting department
at our corporate office in Sidney, NE.
The principal purpose of this position is the execution of category as it pertains specifically to the retail channel. Primary responsibilities include everyday interaction with Space Planning to facilitate product placement and merchandising in each retail location, providing competitive analysis, and retail advertising. This position is responsible for the execution of the retail life cycle of a product such as unplanned inventory, under-performing products, calendar management, and retail trends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for coordinating space planning/planograms, proofing Retail ad copy and signage, and working with visual merchandising on the Retail presentation.
- Supports the development of the product assortment for Retail merchandise to support strategy goals. Supports the development and executes of the assortment strategy for the Retail channel.
- Supports the execution of the private label and branded merchandise product development to support Retail channel financial goals.
- Manages the Retail product life cycle (unplanned inventory, seasonal rolls, pre/post ad, execution of exit strategy).
- Performs the category level analysis of product performance in the Retail channel for use in the weekly and monthly performance reviews (OTB), using reports provided by Planning and Inventory.
- Assists in negotiating purchases, based on input from Planning and Inventory, in the appropriate quantities for the correct location to achieve financial objectives.
- Conducts competitive analysis on ads, pricing strategy, product offering, etc. Coordinates with field RMM’s to complete competition shops.
- Responsible for preparing and conducting category line reviews for the Retail channel assortment.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4+ years of experience
- Retail Merchandising and Sales; Inventory Control/Planning Knowledge; Marketing Knowledge as it Pertains to Retail Advertising.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, profit sharing, health and dental coverage for you and your family, relocation assistance, and employee discounts.