Bachelor's Degree required
Systems analysis and applications programming involving single or multiple information technology systems; to assist in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems; to assist lower level employees in the development and maintenance of information technology subsystems and programs. Employee is responsible for multiple information technology subsystem conceptualization, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance, and for user and computer operations personnel training. Work includes conceiving, designing, and maintaining databases and software integrated with other systems; translating specifications into computer language; testing results; designing or assisting in the design of file structures. Incumbents are expected to facilitate and lead project teams and projects to conclusion, including development of operating procedures, instruction and training, and required documentation. Work is performed and technical decisions made with a great deal of latitude for independent judgment, under general supervision with performance judged by results obtained.
1. Work effectively with customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications
2. Assists in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems;
3. Analyzes job procedures and makes recommendations on simplifying those procedures;
4. Analyzes systems dumps and reports to isolate program problems and takes appropriate actions to correct them;
5. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
6. Project management skills and ability to direct multi disciplinary project teams
7. Acts as a leader within IT and the systems they support.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Analyze specifications and instructions to develop appropriate systems and programs.
- Design effective information technology subsystems and develop appropriate programs.
- Conduct analysis, interpret research findings, conceive a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduce abstract ideas to easily understood procedures.
- Maintain multiple information technology systems using different programming languages and operating systems (Visual Basic, ASP/.Net, Java, Lotus Notes, Linux/Unix, etc).
- Monitor and/or observe data to determine program problems.
- Develop logical code for efficient program execution.
- Debug new and existing programs.
- Data communications security and privacy techniques.
- Principles for conducting a business system analysis, including the analysis of procedures, equipment, and methods.
- Forms design and report design.
- Project management and project life cycle with multi disciplinary teams
- At least one type of database organization access and retrieval technique (Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- High level computer programming languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience in computer science, information systems or related field
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of computer applications programming and development
- Healthcare related experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...