ComiXology is expanding rapidly, and the company is building out an account management team in an effort to continue to provide world class customer service to our growing list of publisher partnerships worldwide. As part of the business development team, the Director of Account Management (based in our headquarters in New York City) will be a “champion” of our existing publisher relationships internally, and be responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction externally. In particular, this role will serve as the main day to day point of contact and interface for our publishers, helping quickly solve issues and questions reactively, as well as proactively delivering consistent account updates/messaging, including performance analysis with best practices, solicit feedback on our product roadmap and uncover unique cross marketing opportunities to continue to deepen relationships and drive revenue. This role would also involve managing other account managers that are part of the growing account management team and report into the SVP of Business Development.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal, communicational, analytical and presentational skills in order to not only navigate our publishers but also to foster great relationships with key internal teams, such as product, marketing and production. The candidate will also have a natural sense of uncovering new opportunities to grow a particular publisher relationship and drive those to fruition working with business development individuals or other teams as necessary. This role requires a strong entrepreneurial bent and the ideal candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Being the primary point of contact and internal “champion” for a select number of our growing list of publisher relationships, including companies like Marvel, DC, IDW, Image, Archie, just to name a few.
- Fielding inbound inquiries/questions/issues from assigned publishers, handling the initial issue (bringing a roar to a simmer) and distributing tasks internally to key comiXology teams including product, business intelligence, production or marketing to resolve inquiries in a quick and clear fashion, with persistent follow up.
- Maintain an organized and prioritized list of publisher inbound communications to ensure nothing “falls through the cracks”.
- Proactively communicating to publishers at a minimum of a monthly cadence through in person meetings and account review presentations
- Continuously educating publishers around best practices to drive revenue within accounts in a highly analytical form, working with data generated from comiXology’s reporting system and business intelligence team
- Evangelizing product roadmaps, upselling new features & functionalities and soliciting ideas and feedback to funnel back into our product team.
- Uncover and execute on cross marketing initiatives working hand in hand with our marketing team, in an effort to drive revenue, through both physical and digital marketing or merchandising opportunities
- Managing a team of 2-3 account managers and ensuring each publisher under management is receiving world-class customer service and the achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
What you need to make it here:
- 5+ years of direct account management experience, with a preference of working with large-scale clients such as media companies, advertising clients/agencies or book publishers.
- Effective project management skills with a proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks and communications in a tight deadline driven environment with a sense of urgency.
- Outstanding client facing communication skills, both written and verbal. An accomplished presenter who can successfully articulate the vision, product and strategy within a particular account, as well as the issues and priorities.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to perform as a team leader in a dynamic, interdependent organization.
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team with the right tone for a high trust environment.
- Analytical thinking ability - not afraid to dig into the data and present reports in a consumable manner for publishers, highlighting trends and building actionable insight.
- Ability to cultivate excellent relationships based on trust
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in a CRM tool such as Salesforce.com a plus.
- A strong work ethic – meaning that you love to work
- The belief in open, direct, respectful communication
- Tolerance and enjoyment of diversity – no drama
- A keen desire to win – showing daily passion doing so
- An incredible sense of humor – make us laugh!
comiXology - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
ComiXology is revolutionizing the comic book and graphic novel industry by delivering a cloud-based digital comics platform that makes...