Total program responsibility which includes directly supervising the Medical Director, Clinical Managers, Office Supervisor, Volunteer Coordinator and Bereavement Coordinator as well as sales staff in the absence of a Director of Business.
- Insures regulatory compliance and coordinates with the interdisciplinary team for care delivery to meet patient needs. P & L responsibility.
- Contributes to achieving the company's mission.
- Develops business relationships to support growth initiatives.
- Essentially supervises the day to day operation and administrative function of the hospice program including quality improvement/quality assurance, payroll expenses, employment process, financials, admissions process, business plan development, staff development, systems operations and human resources.
- Engages in on-going self-development with plan to continue to build personal leadership skills, organizational knowledge and enhance knowledge of the industry.
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and direction through multiple layers of management and senior level professional staff.
- Work most often impacts a large business unit, or multiple markets/sites.
Bachelor's degree in business or health Preferred
3-5 years previous healthcare managerial experience Required
2+ years Hospice experience Preferred.
Experience managing a budget of $5 Million + Preferred
Ability to relate to superior peers and subordinates.
Demonstrated leadership and proven ability to lead, motivate and organize teams.
Demonstrated experience in strategic planning & development. Knowledge of healthcare polices and reimbursement practices.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 22 months ago