PennWell Corporation is a cutting-edge publication and events source for a variety of industries where decision-makers worldwide look first to see what happens next in their markets. With a friendly, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, PennWell values exceptional performance and recognizes that outstanding people working together make success happen. PennWell offers a rich benefit and compensation package as well as a business casual work environment. Employees at PennWell are passionate about their work and capable of taking the initiative to reach project goals.
Job Summary :
The Sr. Web Editor will use strong creative, web, and technical skills to manage all aspects of the Vision Systems Design web site ( www.vision-systems.com ), including writing and posting content, social media, contributor content, SEO, producing email newsletters, evaluating metrics and other responsibilities related to increasing traffic and audience engagement.
- Research, write, search optimize, and post (in the content management system) your original news and other content, including video, created for vision and image processing decision makers. Content topics include market news, product announcements, and technology stories.
- Manage content contributions from subject matter experts, including editing, SEO and posting as needed.
- Produce weekly email newsletters to help drive traffic to the site.
- Manage and post relevant content to social media accounts to increase traffic and audience engagement.
- Monitor web analytics daily and develop strategies to ensure user engagement and traffic growth.
- Work with technical team to troubleshoot challenges on the site or in the CMS.
- Attend industry events as needed.
- Provide production and/or copy editing support for magazine content in support of Editor in Chief.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three+ years of experience creating and posting content for web sites, or comparable background
- Thorough understanding of all types of content delivery methods (web/email newsletter/video/ mobile/audio/print) and best practices associated with each
- Experience using social media and/or blogging to successfully engage audiences
- Knowledge of web analytics
- Excellent writing, SEO, and computer skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a daily news environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to prioritize effectively
- Self starter who learns quickly and recognizes when to ask questions and seek advice
Non-Essential Qualifications :
- Knowledge of/interest in technology
- Knowledge of InCopy, Adobe CQ5 and Adobe Site Catalyst a plus
Pennwell Corporation - 17 months ago
PennWell is a cutting-edge media and information company source for a variety of industries where decision-makers worldwide look first to...