- Training beyond high school is required
- Recent experience in the specialty area is required
The Desktop Technician’s role is to provide support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes, but not limited to, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. The Desktop Technician will also provide dedicated call support for the IT helpdesk by answering the phone and assisting customers as required based on demand.
Job Specifications - Knowledge and Skills
1. Extensive knowledge of personal computer platforms, operating systems, configurations, network communications, and peripherals. Windows 2000, XP Professional.
2. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
3. Software distribution software suite experience.
4. Virus control software experience.
5. Microsoft active directory.
6. Microsoft excel, and other MS Office products.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills.
8.Excellent documentation skills.
9. Ability to learn quickly.
Job Specifications - Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
1 year to 3 years experience and Associates Degree
3 or more years industry experience may be considered
Experience: equivalent combination of education and experience.
Microsoft Certification(s): any applicable Microsoft certifications is highly preferred.
West Jefferson Medical Center - 17 months ago