We are a manufacturing company that produces metal stampings, welding assemblies and tubular products in Westland Michigan. Our company is currently seeking an individual for our 2nd shift, 2:30 p.m. – 10:45 p.m. for the Shipping and Receiving position with the ability to also work on our production floor. Knowledge of the Fourth Shift Manufacturing software is a plus but not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
3) Improve Loading practice and wait times
- Verify all incoming material for visual damage prior to unloading
- Check all incoming material against P.O. prior to unloading, insure against over shipments.
- Notify QC of incoming Inspection requirements.
- Insure proper routing tags and part numbers are placed on all material.
- Route material (with use of IMTR) to proper stocking locations
- All incoming material and out-going material must be weighed for verification of quantity compared to shipper.
- Prepare daily shipments using SDAL screen. This screen should be clean Daily based on availability of parts. Communicate any un-met requirements to Material Control.
- Insure that scales are calibrated as required
- Issue release for packaging; submit packaging inventories weekly to purchasing
- Verify sufficient propane inventory is maintained, release as necessary.
- Work with Material Control to prioritize truck pick-ups.
- Track truck wait time using sign in/sign out log
4) Continuous improvement of staging locations to reduce wait/load times
(Create ASN from SBOL Screen, notify material control ASN is ready to transmit) training required
- Create customer-packing slips using “SHIP” screen
If you meet all of these requirements, please respond to this ad with your resume and wage requirements. Thank you.
- Before a truck leaves the dock, verify the correct material has been loaded (compared to shipper and/or Bill of Lading)
- Communicate, assist, train (where necessary) other personal in Shipping/Receiving.
- 4 years ago - save job