Axcess Financial |
is currently searching for a Data Analyst II for our Risk Department . Successful candidate will c onduct fraud risk analytics supporting fraudulent activity investigations. Using SQL, retrieve / analyze multiple factors, perform statistical analysis of data including multivariate and regression analysis, identify significant variables and predictors, and build / present reports for use in identifying potential dishonesty patterns in retail and online business lines. Will analyze trends, patterns, and external factors to identify potential fraud risks and losses and implement effective mitigation strategies. Must partner with internal stakeholders and work collaboratively and cross functionally to insure continued improvement of existing processes, tools and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Risk Analysis / Data Mining
- Performs data retrieval, data mining and data analysis on application, loan and other data using available tools such as SQL, Minitab, Access and Excel, for both online and retail business lines.
- Effectively gathers and analyzes data and pertinent facts to prepare clear and concise analytical reports.
- Validates data analysis results and analytically identifies potential fraud and policy violations.
- Creates effective methodologies and algorithms to analyze data to demonstrate areas of potential fraud, waste and abuse.
Adhoc Analysis Support
- Identify suspected and high risk patterns using sophisticated modeling tools and data mining and develop reporting to communicate to business partners.
- Partner with various business partners in risk services and operations in being pro-active in identifying emerging trends to help prevent fraud losses.
- Work closely with information systems to develop solutions and provide necessary analysis to improve business decisions in a timely manner.
- Develop practical solutions that can be implemented and used to enhance and usage of information.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and support fraud risk strategies for new products/channels and when significant changes are made.
- Create tools to facilitate business decision-making and related recommendations.
- Works with management, investigators, and analysts to provide reactive and proactive case development support and to fulfill law enforcement data requests.
- Complete adhoc analysis and reporting requests
- Work with risk managers, risk operations, and IT to design processes and systems to ensure efficient, integrated and re-useable technologies.
- Identify integrity of current systems, policies and strategies and take actions to mitigate emerging fraud risks with guidance from managers.
- Ensure existing reporting is accurate and applicable.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
•2+ years working in a fraud or risk management organization or other relevant work experience.
•Working knowledge of SQL or similar programming language.
•Advanced skills with MS Excel formulas, pivot tables, and charts and MS Access queries, forms and macros.
•Proficient with MS PowerPoint
•Proven analytical skills.
•Advanced business documentation and strong communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If your finances are touch-and-go, you can go to Check 'n Go. The subsidiary of CNG Financial provides customers with payday loans,...