Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items in the banquet kitchen in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Direct, train and monitor performance of Banquet Cooks. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
· Meet with Banquet Chef/Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
· Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.
· Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
· Prepare and assign mass production and prep work for Banquet Cooks to complete; review priorities.
· Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift.
· Ensure that opening shift completes startup of Kitchen line and designated prep work.
· Complete opening duties:
o Set up work station with required miss en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
o Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies.
o Check production schedule and pars.
o Establish priority items for the day.
o Inform the Banquet Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
o Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
· Fabricate meat, fish and fowl for menu items.
· Start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day and direct Banquet Cooks on same throughout the shift.
· Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides.
· Inform the Banquet Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
· Assist Banquet Cooks wherever required to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Banquet Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Maintain production charts.
· Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
· Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
· Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
· Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
· Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
· Breakdown work station and complete closing duties:
o Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
o Rotate all returned product.
o Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
o Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
o Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, and shelves.
o Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
o Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
o Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
· Ensure all Banquet Cooks' assignments are completed before they sign out.
· Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Banquet Chef before leaving.
· Excellent customer service focus and communication skills.
· Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
· Previous upscale hotel banquet or restaurant experience required.
· Ability to interpret/extract information and/or perform arithmetic functions.
· A minimum formal education of a high school diploma.
· Ability to work all stations on the line.
· Food handling certificate.
· Compute basic arithmetic.
· Comprehend and follow recipes.
· Expand/condense recipes.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To comply with Federal law, Red Lion Hotel Seattle participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify newly hired employees’ identity and employment eligibility.
Destination Seattle Management (Red Lion Hotel Seattle) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Destination Hotels & Resorts - 17 months ago