Under the guidance of the Director of Education & Development for Nursing and Patient Care Services, the Nursing Education Specialist collaborates with nursing management and staff across departments to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel and non-nursing personnel as indicated or requested. The incumbent acts as a key resource in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff at UWHC.
The Nursing Education Specialist implements a comprehensive education program for his/her assigned units and clinics. Educational programs typically include, but are not limited to orientation, continuing education and inservices. Other services may include, but are not limited to process, performance and service-delivery consultation and contributions to the organization through ad-hoc or permanently established councils, committees and workgroups.
1. BSN required.
2. Master's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education or related specialty required.
1. Five years of relevant clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting preferred; for ambulatory areas, relevant experience in primary and specialty clinic settings required.
2. Three years of experience with orientation and education of nursing staff in clinical setting preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
1. RN Licensure in State of WI required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
1. Experience in education program design and evaluation.
2. Knowledge and experience in adult education principles.
3. Evidence of excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
1. Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
This is a Non-Represented position and falls into Pay Grade 9N. The salary range begins at $68,343 per year. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
80%, Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
This position is in the "Authority Non-Rep" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (15 days) // (Pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Legal Holidays (9 days) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (12 days/year) // (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Tax-Sheltered Annuities (TSA)
- Employee Reimbursement Accounts (ERA)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Katina Kaufman for more information at KKaufman@uwhealth.org or at 608-263-0944.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 20 months ago