**We are seeking a full time RN for the Cardiovascular Step Down Unit at the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Fairfax Hospital**
This is a full time Day / Night shift position -12 hour shifts (every 3rd weekend)
The Cardiovascular Step Down Unit (CVSDU) is located in the center of the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute. CVSDU is a fast paced, dynamic unit that is primarily responsible for completing the recovery and discharge process for post operative cardio-vascular, thoracic, and vascular patients. CVSDU is a 28 bed (20 private) unit that focuses care on post surgical patients who have had a CABG, valve replacement, MAZE procedure, minimally invasive thoracic surgery, VATS, lobectomy, pneumonectomy, THEG, or various vascular surgeries such as femoral bypass and CEAs. CVSDU prides itself on team work and patient satisfaction and has received top awards for patient satisfaction for 2010 and 1 st quarter of 2011.
The Inova Registered Nurse:
Job & Education Requirements: -A minimum of 1 year recent hospital experience and/or previous nursing practice experience preferred.
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse and healthcare delivery team. Consistently providing safe, therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. All patient care and interactions are patient and family centered. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge. Utilizing standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. The process for delivery of care is synthesized from direct patient/family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
- Telemetry experience
- Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others.
- Proficient computer skills required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required.
ACLS certification desired/preferred
For more information, please contact Aaryn Marquardt at 866-903-5038 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inova - 14 months ago
Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit...