Configure mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security and installing third-party software.
Configure NFS, NIS, LDAP and MTAs.
Initiates some new responsibilities and helps to plan for the future of the site/network.
60-80 physical servers
24×7 support if issues (datacenter in Sunnyvale; office is in San Jose)
Write purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management.
Use host or dig to check information in the DNS
Write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, Python, shell).
Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively.
Do Exchange and SQL server admin functions as well Root cause and failure analysis to resolve system problems.
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Solid understanding of a Linux -based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts;
- (Strong DNS background needed) understands how DHCP and TFTP work and can troubleshoot related issues;
- Understands basic routing concepts.
- 1-2 years hands on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Perl/PHP) experience.
- 2+ years of experience administering CentOS.
- Experience with ESX 3.x and/or vSphere 4.
- Three to five years of system administration experience is required.
- Experience assisting in the administration of a large, complex site.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and VMware products, ESXI specifically.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org