. Compare manufacturing results against established procedures, performing in process and final inspections making frequent decisions relative to appearance and quality of workmanship.
2. Procure sample powder, pellets, UNH and prepare for lab analysis or storage as archive samples.
3. Perform in-process inspections and Q @ S functions to verify temperature and push cycle for density compliance, verification of coater runs, mixing data, hydrogen results, vacuum, rod welding, etc.
4. Prepare samples for analysis using techniques, such as, weighing, pipefitting, griding, crushing, screening, acid dissolution, hydroplysis and evaporation.
5. Calibrate and operate equipment and/or perform tests or analysis including, but not limited to:
Fluoride Content – Using pyrohydrolysis and fluoride specific ion electrode
Uranium Content – By ignition and U-A3 analyzer Moisture Content – Of UO2 powder
pH – Using a pH meter Conductivity – Using a conductivity bridge
Specific Gravity – By weighting a known volume Solids – Using filtration and/or centrifuge
Trace Carbon Analysis – Using a carbon determinator
Trace Nitrogen Analysis – Using a nitrogen determinator
Trace Hydrogen Analysis – Using a hydrogen determinator
Alkalinity/Acidity – Using titration
Ammonia Content – Using titration apparatus and/or ammonia specific ion electrode
Calcium in Ammonia and Lime and/or other solutions – Using atomic absorption spectrophotometry
Carbon in Ammonia and Lime – By titration
Nitric Acid, Boric Acid, Nickel and/or Chloride in plating, strike, and pickle solutions – Using titration, precipitation, filtration and ICP instruments
Nickel in process lift station samples – Using atomic absorption spectrophotometry
Physical powder measurements – Bulk density, and B.E.T. – Using density equipment and low temperature – gas absorption
Pellet density – Using SPIDER
Surface thermosycle test, B10 test, adherence test and surface roughness – Using approved procedures and techniques
6. Perform mathematical calculations using standard shop math as described in procedures for calculating averages, ranges and standard deviations.
7. Analyze, record and report data in the correct units of measurement.
8. Perform necessary analysis of standard solutions and powders to assure validity of analysis.
9. Prepare reagents for us in analytical procedures.
10. Review documents for accuracy, quality, quantity and identity of materials inspected.
11. Analyze, review, and release product using ICS, SPIDER, ALIAS, CHAMPS, or other computer systems.
12. Keep equipment, glassware and work area clean and in orderly condition.
13. Adhere to accountability, critically, safety, security and hygiene procedures.
14. Communicate test results and other pertinent information to operations Team Manager and the PA Team Manager, as necessary. Specific Desired Skills 1. Provide communication for continuity of operations from shift to shift.
2. Frequent contacts with higher classified laboratory personnel to receive guidance, work assignments, and to transmit information.
3. Frequent contacts with operating personnel in other departments to obtain and provide information. Education Level High School Diploma/GED Years of Experience 0-2 Years Job Category Manufacturing Benefits Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, STD & LTD, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, Pension Plan and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. Notice Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Westinghouse Electric Company provides a wide range of nuclear power plant products and services to utilities throughout the world.