FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Project Manager II, FORAS in Washington, D.C .
The Economic Development & Livelihoods Department (EDL) is looking to hire a Project Manager who will lead and support a new economic opportunities project based in Iraq. The Project Manager will work with the other project staff and will guide the administration and management of the programs, supporting project implementation, with a focus on operations coordination, financial management and compliance with U.S. Government regulations.
The DC-based Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing project activities according to the approved work plan by meeting tight deadlines within budget. S/he manages resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and external clients/stakeholders in order to deliver assignments according to plan. In coordination with technical staff and other members of the team, manages the project’s objectives and activities and oversees quality control throughout the project life cycle. Works with the project team and Iraq-based Chief of Party to create work plans based on goals, objectives and targets, and implements evidence based interventions in multi-sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices. Collaborates with other sectors and projects in order to integrate work plans, budgets and interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
- Design, implement, and coordinate specific project activities such as semi-annual convenings, cross-site Manages and oversees the development of project activities from initiation to completion.
- Coordinates activities with partners and manages partner communications.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the project and coordinates the administrative and operations project staff to successfully implement project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
- Provides guidance and support for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
- Develops and adapts tools for project execution and management. Defines project scope, and deliverables that support the goals and strategic vision of the team and client.
- Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
- Monitors the status of all country and global activities and works with the Technical Staff and team to ensure timely progress.
- Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget, when necessary.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages program officers to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and organization standards/policies.
- Ensures compliance in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 requirements.
- Coordinates with contracts and finance on logistics, procurements, budgets and travel.
- Monitors project implementation plan and contractual requirements to ensure that all deliverables are met on schedule and within budget.
- Oversees the production and submission of regular programmatic reporting and other select deliverables.
- Recruits, fields and mobilizes short term technical consultants or personnel replacements.
- Can represent the team at external meetings and events.
- Supports the project’s technical team in selected technical assignments.
- Contributes to project knowledge management activities including online and print communication efforts associated with technical resource dissemination.
- 5+ years of demonstrated management experience in the field of international development. 8+ years of overall professional experience.
- Experience with budget development, review and monitoring essential, including familiarity with standard budgeting software packages such as Excel.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Working on USAID-funded projects in conflict countries required. Experience working on Iraq-based projects preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Arabic preferred.
- Experience successfully managing USAID-funded cooperative agreements.
- Practical experience applying best practices and approaches in project management, design and execution.
- Strong knowledge of project management software such as MS Project, Excel and other technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project and personnel management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate with others.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring to completion.
- Energetic and collaborative team player.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense working environment.
- Experience working on economic strengthening, livelihood, and/or food security projects a plus.
- Speaking and reading proficiency in a foreign language a plus
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is a leading human development organization dedicated to improving lives by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.