Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers' expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. We have an exciting opportunity available for a "Technical Writer I" professional in Albuquerque, NM. The Technical Writer will research, plan, design, write, format, edit, validate, and prepare for distribution a wide variety of technical documents, including manuals, procedures, quick reference guides, checklists, data sheets, and forms used in support of mechanical, technical, and engineering activities. Candidate will work on teams and will function independently to accomplish projects.
Summary of Duties:
- Research engineering design specifications, interview subject matter experts, and examine equipment as well as coordinate documentation effort from initial concept to final product.
- Create documentation from research.
- Identify and resolve documentation issues related to procedures, concepts, organization, presentation and usability; propose solutions to stakeholders.
- Create and edit documents to be consistent with established, customer-directed document format and quality style guides to ensure consistency in presentation, tone and style.
- Work independently with relevant customers to develop documented procedures.
- Participate in document validations.
- Negotiate with stakeholders to create and meet recommended project timelines.
- Actively participate on project teams.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
- Other duties as required.
- Position requires some travel, approximately 10%.
- US citizenship in oder to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
- At least one year experience in technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or appropriate technical discipline.
- At least three years experience using MS Word & at least one year experience using Adobe Acrobat.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Experience working in a team environment; exceptional interpersonal skills; and ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present information in a clear and precise manner.
- Prefer experience interacting with Government agencies.
- Ability to interpret written technical instructions.
- Experience developing installation, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting, and repair procedures.
- Experience writing formal and informal technical reports and procedures.
Join Honeywell's Talent Network: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...