Provider Enrollment Specialist
Under supervision, job duties are as follows:
- Reviews and analyzes applications submitted to the Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) to provide Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DD) services based on established criteria
- Inputs provider application information into Provider Network Management Section database system, updating as needed
- Maintains knowledge of current Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities and Medicaid policies and procedures as it relates to the enrollment of DBHDD providers
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to potential and current DBHDD providers, the public and other DBHDD staff regarding the application process and services available
- Conducts consultation with other offices and agencies regarding the processing and approval of providers of DBHDD services
- Attendance, and occasional facilitation of scheduled trainings and meetings regarding provision of services for approved and potential providers
Completion of 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) at an accredited college or university and four years of related experience OR Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university and two years of related experience OR Masters degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR two years of experience at the lower level or position equivalent
Note: Experience in a related area may substitute for degree on a year by year basis
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the qualifications listed above, possess the following:
- Completion of a Masters degree in a field such as Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration or a closely related field
- Experience in Medicaid policy and procedures related to the Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities
- Behavioral Healthcare and/or Developmental Disabilities administrative experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Skills to create and interpret graphs, charts, presentations and spreadsheets
- Strong verbal, writing and presentation skills; strong customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
In addition to a competitive salary (), we offer a generous benefits package that includes a flexible schedule, training opportunities, employee retirement plan, deferred compensation, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, dental, vision, long term care, and life insurance.
This position is a pay grade 15 on the statewide salary plan.
This position is located in downtown Atlanta .
A sprawling metropolis of over four million people today, metro Atlanta has the vibrancy of the world’s great urban centers combined with the Southern charm of small town centers such as Roswell and Decatur. Here you’ll find historic sites from the Civil War through the Civil Rights era, as well as world-class shopping, entertainment, and nightlife.
We're located across from Underground Atlanta . Parking is nearby as well as direct access to MARTA's rail and bus system.
Come to Georgia's capital city and experience first-hand our historic charm and hospitality.
Georgia DBHDD - 17 months ago