Designs, develops, programs, installs, tests, documents, implements, conducts research for and maintains computer systems and utilities. Analyzes internal or external customers needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems. Develops customized solutions to customer/user problems. Establishes system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Maintains smooth operation of a multi-user computer system, including local area networks. May include setting up user accounts, maintaining documentation and installing system-wide software and allocation of mass storage space. Coordinates electronic office systems activities. Recommends HW/SW purchases and coordinates installation. Trains users. Contributes to the development of policies and monitors policies and standards for allocation and use. Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for area of responsibility. Carries out responsibilities in compliance within established security guidelines. |
* Five (5) years or more of experience with RHEL or equivalent LINUX experience.
* Five (5) years or more of experience with Layer 2/3 networking.
* Five (5) years experience with VMWare ESX and vCenter or equivalent Virtual environments.
* Five (5) years experience with scripting.
* Five (5) years experience with Windows and Active Directory.
* Five (5) years experience with storage (SAN and/or NAS).
* 5+ Years with BS Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
* Two (2) years of development experience desired.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date
TS/SCI with Poly
Percent of Travel Required
Less than 25%
ITT Exelis - 15 months ago