As a Senior Systems Engineer you will be involved with the Level 3 support escalations for issues in our production datacenters. The Systems Engineering team is tasked with the rapid design and deployment of Linux and Windows server infrastructures for IT applications in the organization’s global datacenters with additional collaborative effort with regional and other technical tower engineering teams and datacenter staff. In addition, the staff provide L3 operating system and hardware escalation support for all issues, and immediate response to all critical issues to achieve fast restoration of service times.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global environment. Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
· Illustrates technical concepts in business terms
· Enforces global system engineering standards and best practices
· Performs Level 3 Server hardware support, OS platform support, and root cause analysis
· Troubleshooting escalated issues
· Act as a go to person for management, project managers and platform support engineers
Provide both on duty and on call Level 3 escalation support as part of a 24x7 global follow the sun support team
Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience, 4+ years) with 3-5 years of applicable work experience
Required Skills and Experience:
· Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, SUSE, and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux), Windows Server OS (all versions)
· Advanced knowledge of OS performance optimization, hardware configuration, and related root cause analysis and troubleshooting
· Hardware Platforms: Dell Poweredge Server Lines (blade and rack type servers)
· Server Virtualization Technologies: VMWare (preferred, not required)
· UNIX/Linux shell scripting experience or Powershell scripting experience
· Experience troubleshooting SAN storage access issues preferred
· Experience troubleshooting Network issues preferred
Good English communication and customer service abilities
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...