The IT Summer Internship Program will provide the Intern/s with a general understanding of Information Technology, the business areas we support, and an in-depth knowledge of the Technology Associate Program. The IT Interns will be assigned to a functional area of IT - Project Management/ Coordination, Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Systems Analysis or Data Analysis. Upon the successful completion of the internship, the IT Interns will be considered for a Technology Associate position upon graduation.
Intern Responsibilities and/or Project Descriptions:
The interns will be assigned to a project team based on need and work opportunities available at that time. They will be aligned with a Center-of-Excellence (Quality Assurance, Business Analysis, Project Management, Systems Analysis or Data Analysis) in order to lay the foundation for recruiting them into our Technology Associate Program upon their graduations. See below for responsibilities.
Intern Goals/Success Measures:
• Experience in building relationships with all levels of management.
• Ability to work with project teams and complete all assigned projects by deadline dates.
• Functional experience in assigned IT business areas.
• Demonstrated teamwork through collaboration project
Skills/Competencies to be developed during internship:
• Critical thinking
• Communication skills
• Technical skills
• Management /problem solving skills
Typical assignments will consist of :
• Involvement and assistance with department-wide industry-leading-edge initiatives.
• Project support of documentation to ensure the completion of various company-wide projects.
• Interfacing with a diverse group of peers in a matrix organization.
• Exposure to gathering, documenting, reviewing and approving of Business
Requirements Document (BRD) for work streams.
• Contributing in the testing of one of the major applications at AXA.
• Exposure to reviewing and evaluating business requirements and technical specifications in order to create effective and comprehensive test requirements and test cases.
• Supporting team members in completion of project tasks such as project schedule maintenance, requirements gathering, test development and execution.
• Time is allotted for completion of Corporate’s collaboration project and training.
Desired Major: Management Information Systems or coursework in Information Technology
Soft Skill Requirements (Verbal communication skills, etc.):
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills -- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
G.P.A. Requirement - Overall: 3.5 Major: 3.5
Computer Skills: (Please indicated needed proficiency level (A=Advanced, I=Intermediate, B=Beginner, N=Novice)
Microsoft Project (A)
Business Skills: (Please indicated needed proficiency level (A=Advanced, I=Intermediate, B=Beginner, N=Novice)
Project Management (A)
Business Writing (B)
Presentations/Public Speaking (A)
- We do not offer Visa sponsorship.
NOTE: AXA Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401 (k), pension and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment. EOE M/F/D/V
AXA Equitable Life Insurance
- 2 years ago - save job
This company definitely has what it takes to be equitable. AXA Equitable Life Insurance is the US life insurance and annuities underwriting...