Req Number: 312612
- The Applications Specialist, Sr independently provides general systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall leadership related to the acquisition and use of computing systems in assigned business areas. A pplies in-depth knowledge of applications to ensure effective and optimal use of current applications, incorporation of refinements in applications based on organization changes or process improvements, and collaboration with senior analysts to identify and select new system solutions. Manages all phases of large and small projects. Accountable for the success of projects, repairs, process improvements, and overall benefits realization. Functions as a key point of user contact and customer service for Information Services, and is accountable for user satisfaction. Develops departmental policies and procedures, and educates individuals in and outside of the IS department as it relates to information systems and services. Prepares analytical reports and makes recommendations to management. Ensures that the organization’s goals, philosophies, and objectives are optimally supported by information technology . The Applications Specialist, Sr., performing under general supervision, plans, conducts and may supervise assignments. Reviews progress and evaluates results. May train junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is required.
- Acute care (hospital) experience is required.
- A Registered Nurse with current California licensure is highly desired.
- Professional experience with healthcare applications (EPIC, McKesson, Cerner) is preferred.
- Experience as an Applications Specialist, Technical Specialist, or similar experience is preferred.
- Must have In-depth understanding of key business applications and related information technologies.
- Must have working knowledge of PCs, collaborative computing tools, re-engineering and process improvement techniques, information management in healthcare, general information architectures and technology, systems integration, laws, and regulations relevant to assigned applications.
- Some project management experience is helpful.
MemorialCare - 2 years ago